One of my favorite parts of the night was sitting with Randy (Lance's brother) while Lance and Colie were off socializing. We entertained ourselves well--cracking jokes about how awkward everyone was, when we were going to get to go home, and why our spouses thought we were ugly (banishing us to the corner so they could introduce us from 50 feet away with an occasional wave). Although I nearly always prefer a night at home on the couch to a night on the town, I had a lot of fun kicking it with Randy.
It was mighty fun listening to the picks of the DJ. His selections must have come from a playlist for an after football dance my Junior year in high school. I haven't heard Mazzy Star, Oasis or Smashing Pumpkins in a long time. I loved the music! I restrained myself from dancing... leaving that to those who had visited the bar more than I. But none the less, I closed my eyes and relished in the '90s.

I also enjoyed meeting and chatting with a few of the other spouses. I didn't think about the fact that there would be other people in the same position as me. So yes, I made a few friends, without any obligation to ever talk again. Ah, the glory in it.
Well... I just felt this event was too monumental not to post about. Here is our one picture to commemorate the night... I look awful, but I feel it encompasses the high school reunion experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment