Friday, June 26, 2009

Good Family Time...





After coming home from Paris I had a great weekend in Oregon with the Hoffmans. The highlight was, as many of you have heard me repeat, when Caleb introduced me to his Sunday school teacher, "Meeet Aunt Krista!" I also loved watching Caleb and Tana dance to the music at the back of the church. LOVED it. I am really thankful for the open arms and love I am shown whenever we arrive at the Hoffman house.

Then, this past weekend the Van Deusen family decsended upon 2414 33rd St, Anacortes. This is the first time since Christmas... I am learning how unique and special these moments are. It was so much fun being at West Beach, watching Dad, John, Ben and Lance throwing rocks in the water, laughing at Ben and Lance's accidental purchase of "slim chance" lite beer--apparently, they are counting calories, all of us hanging out in my parent's backyard throwing cherries at each other... it was so much fun. Although all family time comes with some tense moments and misunderstandings, overall it was really fun.

Other notables of the family time were seeing Kelly beautifully pregnant! Celebrating her and the baby with favorite people... and seeing RENT with John and Kelly. Yes, this is my second time, but I couldn't resist because 2 of the original cast from 1996 were performing. It was a magical night, made even more special because it was shared with my brother and sister. It has been years since just the 3 of us have done anything together.

5 comments:

Kelly Wright said...

LOVE IT!

Colie said...

smile!

Wendy said...

I love Kelly cute prego belly!!!

rachel said...

like this update and fun to see family changes! miss those times hanging out with the van deusen clan. will have to see you guys sometime later this summer hopefully.

Sally Sanden said...

Fun to see you guys together...