Wednesday, September 2, 2009

my assignment

Lance gave me an assignment today.

He said, "besides all the other healthy things you will do before you go to work today, your assignment is to post something new on your blog."

I said, "yes, sir."

It is officially back-to-school season and I'm beginning to come down from all the family and work adventures I had this summer.

This means, thankfully, getting back into a predictable work-week and less travel.

Finally there is space to read for fun again. I've decided not to take any classes this quarter, thus there is a growing stack of borrowed books by my reading chair. This pattern of long work hours, traveling and doing online classes was beginning to take its toll.

I'm even thinking about cracking open my personal email today to reply to folks who think I left the planet a long time ago. I truly am terrible at replying to people. Whenever someone asks me why I'm not on Facebook, I say with confidence--why would I? I can't even return emails on time and without stress.

The months of July and August were full of family fun--St George Island with the Van Deusens, Joni and Otis' wedding (see Colie's blog for pictures), squeezing in visits from old friends like Christen and kids, our Seattle/Oregon canning weekend, my cousin, Rusty, and his wife, Sarah, visiting from New York, to more travel for work--it has been a FULL summer.

Here are a couple photos...

A storm rolling in at the beach, the Van Deusen family picture, and my Dad's sisters, Kelly, Mom, Anababe and I.

Then sharing the beauty of Anacortes with Rusty and Sarah.












2 comments:

Kelly Wright said...

I love the pictures! And I love it when you post on your blog. It made my morning. xo

Kelly Wright said...

Looking at the photos again. I love how Rusty is standing, patiently listening to whatever lesson dad is giving on Northwest geography. I can totally picture how sincerely Rus was listening. I also love (in the next picture) how you are wearing my sweatshirt underneath mom's vest. It just makes me happy.