I had to share this, because I enjoyed listening to this on my own yesterday so much and couldn't stand it that I didn't have anyone to talk about it with afterwards, or to look at during the funny parts and laugh together.
I'm on an American Life kick. American Life is a storytelling show on NPR. The best thing is you can listen to all their episodes from past years online. It is the perfect remedy for cooking alone. I blast it while I'm putting the groceries away and working on dinner. Kind of like TV, but better.
The episodes are usually divided into "Acts" and it is Act 3: Babies Buying Babies that stopped me in my "soup making" tracks yesterday.
Episode 347: Matchmakers from January 9th, 2009.
www.thisamericanlife.org
Just click "full episode" on the left to listen. You'll have to fast forward to Act 3 which begins 40 minutes in.
I marvel at the storytelling on this show and dream of being as funny and witty as they are. I'm pretty sure you might want to keep listening after you try it, you might not be able to stop.
just like me.
2 comments:
Krista, I listened to the story, and it really is great. I love This American Life as well.
Your blog rocks! There must be millions of people following it!
Lance
Ditto to Lance :) No seriously I listened to the story and it was pretty painfully amazing to hear...thanks for posting :)
Post a Comment