moving.
thinking.
playing.
I'm learning the importance of these. For me, for Lance, for Will.
I am notorious for trying to do too many things at once. I'm a mover--I like to get stuff done. This unfortunately lends itself to lots of frustration now, because this little creature I'm responsible for is kind of unpredictable.
I, on the other hand, am predictable. When I am overwhelmed by responsibilities or tasks I can't get done like I want to--I get grouchy. Really grouchy... and unfortunately, Lance gets the brunt of it.
So Lance has been encouraging me to try to compartmentalize my life.
Just be with Will, make sure he is safe and happy. Then later--go work for awhile. Answer some email, make a couple calls. Then maybe later, we'll just talk, make some soup and even catch up on a show we want to watch.
It is called fun, Krista. Relaaaaxxing.
Sounds nice.
I'm learning how to relax without feeling guilty.
Moving. I like this too. I really like this when it involves me, outside, on a walk by myself. Hello, Spring... please bring me some more walking weather.
Eating. I like this a lot. I can do this, though I need help doing it without my phone next to me.
Thinking. I do this a little too much. Middle of the night, got a pad a paper by my bed. But I'm trying to spend time thinking about things other than what I want to get done.
Playing... I already went over that.
I'm figuring it all out, just very slowly.
5 comments:
get some you time, by yourself!!! Very important, I learned it the hard way. I think you are a typical mom who has lots to do and not enought time to do it in. hang in there
erin w
You and Lance are great together. I love it when couples can help one another with challenges. It makes me smile. Don't worry - you'll figure it out. And when you do, life will change again :-).
I love you and the video! Oh my sweet Will - you are cute ( you too kris)
Jocie and I laughed at your cutie. His laugh just melts our hearts.
This is priceless!!
Okay, I can't stop watching this video. The last time I watched this, it just occurred to me: Krista, you're embracing motherhood! Haha! In. Yo. FACE!!
Post a Comment