Saturday, May 14, 2011

Family Sabbath

Yesterday we took a family Sabbath.

Since Lance works on the weekend, we normally operate in the mindset of trying to get as much done as we can between Monday and Friday.

We've nearly perfected the process of handing off Will to each other so one of us can run an errand or work on a project. Which leaves one person watching Will at home and the other person running out the door.

But yesterday we decided to rest. To just be together.





And it worked pretty well. I only started to get ornery once when I realized that Lance had run an errand (which I had encouraged him to do) and was gone for an hour. We worked through it.

I did check my email a couple times--just in case there was anything urgent (Ok, really?--this is the evidence that I'm still getting over not working). Of course, I had no email.

Although the goal was to rest and be together, we still got a lot done.

We worked on the garden, each of us had time to sit and read, we ran fun errands like to the Georgetown brewery and to redbox to pick up the King's Speech, and we ate dinner together (all three of us) for possibly the first time.

It was really nice.

And I think we're gonna do it again.

1 comment:

Kelly Wright said...

I love love love this. All of it.