I think I'm gonna stay in my pajamas today. Drink some coffee, maybe walk to the store with Will for some eggs and milk. I'm kind of bummed that I feel this way, cause it is MLK Day, and there are some fantastic things going on around Seattle. I want to want to go and join the groups of people gathering at Garfield High School for workshops on justice. I want to want to get dressed and go to the African American Museum (cause it is free today).
But really I want to be here with Will playing at my feet and my oatmeal boiling over the pot and making a huge mess.
And you know, I can go to the African American museum anytime. Really, it is kind of sad that I think today is appropriate because it is MLK day. It is open every week.
But I will read MLK's letter from a Birmingham Jail today during nap time--while still in my pajamas and sipping tea--oh, the irony. My friend Jamie shared that she knows someone who reads it every year as a remembrance--and that she has started reading it as well.
That is what I'll be doing today.
And tonight I'm eating pintos, buttermilk biscuits and greens. My more shallow tribute to those from the South today.
1 comment:
yummy, buttermilk biscuits. thanks for starting to blog again. maybe i can get up the nerve to start again too!
Post a Comment