Thursday, March 28, 2013
from the mouth of Will
Recently I was opening the window in Will's room after his nap and he said,
"No! I don't like those birds tweeting at me."
poor kid, it is only gonna get worse--there will be more birds.
He is really aware of sounds and is constantly asking Lance and I, "what that noise is?"
Recently, he asked me, then answered himself.
"It's the sound of flowers blooming."
Who told you that, I asked him.
"I told me that, momma."
hmmm.... impressive.
I told him a couple days ago that I did not like his whining. I did not like it at all.
His response?
"You DO like it. You DO too like my whining."
I really don't.
Yet he still is sweet.
I am working through sleep troubles with Isaac and he wouldn't stop crying this morning cause he was so tired. I finally just laid him in his bed and walked away. I hate leaving him crying.
Then I uttered a bad word. I'm not proud.
It could have been a worse word, but it sure wasn't a good one.
and Will wasn't far away.
"Did you say sh*t, momma?"
yes, I say as I'm walking to the furthest place from Isaac's room in the house to get some perspective and take a moment.
"I'm coming to save you, momma."
Save me from what, I say.
"From Isaac."
And he lands a big hug around my legs.
It was God's grace in the form of an almost 3 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Krista I love your posts and thanks for sharing the world according to Will! Precious! I love you four so much!!! Auntie Di
I am laughing so hard over here....
I love everything about this blog post! Priceless!
Joni
Post a Comment