So naturally, I am excited the day after a show has aired, cause that means I can watch it...
anytime I want to during the day.
One would think I'd be waiting till the boys are in bed to watch, snuggled up with Lance or maybe pretending to fold laundry.
But no.
It is mornings like this that have led me to turn on "the Voice" by 8am. Which, obviously, means that Will wants to watch too... that is what happens when you hold to the strict no TV before 2 years old thing.
Then every chance they can have after that, they want it.
The first time I watched it, I vowed it was a one time thing. It was a really rough morning.
I mean, Lance is gonna watch it when he comes home from work, so really I should be waiting. I'm watching it with Lance, right?
I was. But now I'm watching it with Will.
Cause one time turned into two.
Then two weeks.
Now, I'm just planning on it being a part of our daily routine.
Yes, Shakira wears some low cut shirts. But Will has seen me nursing for almost a year now. I think Will is still innocent of that one. There are no bad words, no crazy gyrating (yet?). Just singing. I mean, it is practically a family show... right?
I've tried turning it on really softly in the kitchen while I desperately attempt to drink my coffee alone, but from Will's bedroom he has detected the faint sounds of the intro song. It is like he has a sixth sense and knows that I have put it on... and inevitably comes running to drag a chair up to the counter and stand next to me.
Yes, we stand while we watch. He on a chair next to the counter, me at the kitchen sink--I'm not sure why. Maybe I just feel less lazy, like I might actually unload the dishwasher while I watch or something.
But anyways--to answer my question of WHY I watch it with him.
It is cause by 7:08am today I had reheated my coffee four times and still I'm drinking it lukewarm (the worst thing ever).
Cause I've handed Isaac an ice cream scooper, a whisk, and a pastry brush in attempt to give him something new and exciting to play with (none are working).
Cause Will is already playing the harmonica (kind of cute, but still--just too early).
Cause sometimes I just want a little Usher, Adam, Blake, and Shakira instead of commentary on Will's "poopy."
Cause I'm tired. Even though my baby did technically sleep all night. In fact he slept for an incredible 11 hours straight. But I'm still tired! Cause I didn't sleep for 11 hours straight.
Cause I've fed the cat, I'm feeding the baby, and I've yet to feed Will and I.
Cause we've already been outside to the swing and played with photo booth on the computer.
Cause Will is currently sitting under Isaac's high chair and eating the Cherrios off the floor that have been dropped.
Cause it is not yet 7:30am.
Who knows, maybe Will will develop into a pop star sensation.
And I'll have these fond memories of when I introduced him to the world of pop music and reality TV.
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
picture #4 is my favorite! And when I was in California I met "The Voice" and think that it is entirely appropriate to start at 7:08! Carry on!
I love you, friend.
Post a Comment