Thank you to those who prayed for me as I was headed over the mountains to share with the college group Mark and Wendy are a part of leading. i think for my first time speaking in that setting, it went well. There were about 20 people and they seemed to stay with me the whole time. As I prepared for this, I realized that what I had to share wouldn't necessarily impact all the people present... and realistically there might be only a couple people who connect with me. But that is ok; because we share our experiences to help others learn from them and if one person needed to hear what I shared, that is enough. I felt pretty good about how it went. Lance asked me if I enjoyed it. I enjoyed telling the story that I shared. I really love telling good stories... the intro and ending (tying it into scripture and life) is more difficult and I'm not as confident. But the group responded well. When I finished up, they had a couple comments and questions which was a great indicator that they were tracking with me.
I'm headed back there on this tuesday... I'll be solidifying what I'm saying tomorrow morning and I'll let you know what i end up with.
thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment