Monday, October 29, 2007

Value Village Gems

I love serendipitous value village days. Recently I had a free hour to stop in at Vallue Village and it was one of those days when you realize someone else who has great taste and is exactly your size cleaned out their closet and you came in just in time. Plus blue tags were 50% off... making my purchase even cheaper. So I walked away with these five items for $23 and some change. The picture doesn't quite do them justice... they are all really cute and in great shape. I had to go to work afterwards and I showed the preteen I nanny for my purchases. Here is how the conversation went...




preteen: "Those are so cute! Where did you get them?"

me: "Value Village... my favorite thrift store."

preteen: "Those have been worn before!?" (spoken with shock and horror)

me: "Yep... and they're like new once you wash them. Only $23 bucks for all this." (picture me sweeping my hand across my purchases)

preteen: "No way! This skirt would be like $50 in the store! But someone already wore them."

me: "Yep, but they only cost me $23 dollars!"

preteen: (nearly speechless) "Wow..."

The Next day...

me: "Hey preteen, this whole outfit is from Value Village... Ann taylor pants, gap shirt..."

preteen: "Ann Taylor... no way! Krista, you are so crazy."

It was a lot of fun bragging about my purchases. Plus I got a teachable moment out of it... well worth my $23 bucks. Although my preteen now has nicknamed me ABC--for already chewed gum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't the acronym for Already Chewed Gum ACG?

Krista said...

good point... upon further reflection, I think it is supposed to stand for "already been chewed"

Colie said...

ABC is correct:-).

That is so funny! I love the teachable moment and the interaction between you both. Good finds Krista! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! guess pre-teen may never have known about that concept... good for you....