Thursday, October 25, 2007

our crazy cactus




The past few weeks have flown by so fast for me. It seems that the leaves on the trees started turning colors before I was ready and now they cover the ground. I've been working quite a bit and somehow my days off are consumed so quickly. I'm still trying to get ready for fall and it seems winter is knocking at the door already.

There is much to write about, but I just don't know where to start, so I'm just putting up a picture of one thing that has brightened my day the past week or so... our "anytime of the year" cactus. Usually these plants bloom during easter or Christmas, but ours is crazy and it just blooms whenever it feels like it. It bloomed in March and it is blooming now, so I suppose you could say it is just an early bloomer. Whatever it is... it is beautiful. I love its bold colors and am thankful for its reminder of new life as leaves are falling off the trees.

Hopefully more thoughts to come. Sorry for the delay.

1 comment:

Colie said...

Crazy Cactus! It was dying at our house and its thriving at yours:-). How ironic. I am not ready for fall to be over. I know we are in the thick of it now and it is beautiful outside. But the leaves are falling too fast for me. I am trying to soak in the beauty but it will end all too soon! I love you and miss you!