Wednesday, August 20, 2008

math-back to basics


It is official... I admit that I have a problem. It became pretty clear to me that I have to face my phobia of math after I spent an embarassing amount of money on a knock off barbie doll at the Silk Market in China. My excuse: I was too "overwhelmed" to do the simple division to figure out what the price would be in American dollars. I was bartering with her; I had gotten her down pretty far from what she originally quoted the price to be. I figured I was getting a bargain. Once I realized what I had spent, I was alarmed. I will never admit to any of you how much I paid... so don't ask.

Now though, I am ready to face my fear.

I never imagined there would be a book directly referring to the American phobia of math, but lucky me it was waiting on the shelf at the Columbia City Library. I've also checked out a booked called A Parent's Crash Course on Elementary Math.

Here is the barbie... my embarrassment is only heightened by the fact that the doll is so ridiculous and disturbing.... "Happily of Household" barbie!

3 comments:

Colie said...

First of all - what are you doing buying a Barbie? Household barbie to top it off:-). Second - I'm dying to know how much you paid for it!

More that that I'm dying to know how your trip was and all that jazz! We are headed to the beach for the weekend with my fam. if I have some free time I'll call. Otherwise I'll call when we get back. love you!

Kelly Wright said...

you bought a pregnant barbie??? I am not sure if I am entertained or disturbed. I didn't know they make those things!
see you soon!!

Anonymous said...

krista. i have a confession. i check your site all the time. and i thought you'd abandoned it. because i bookmarked an old page, and it always opened to that page, and i never bothered to check if there were 'newer' pages. i've missed out on everything since you got a new neice. it's been a long time. so happy to be back stalking you. i'm a crap stalker. crap.