Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Myles




I'm wrapping up my visit with Kelly, Ben and Myles. It has been a super relaxing time--I kind of don't want to go home (Don't worry, Lance--I MISS YOU, promise). I really needed to get away from the little "rat race" I've created in WA for a few sunny days of naps, good conversations, reading, taking walks, thrift store shopping, baby holding, thinking and planning what we would eat, shopping for what we would eat--eating, and talking about how good the food we ate was (that is really what we've done).

Plus, this visit has boosted my self esteem--Myles thinks I'm funny. :) It never hurts to have someone smile and laugh at your silly voices and antics.

This visit has also been spiritually refreshing... we've had great conversations with Ben and Kelly's friends about looking outside of easy relationships to serve and learn from our neighbors. We've talked about what it can look like to live intentionally with friends and what true community should be. I have been soaking up these discussions.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love you KVD. i've been thinking a lot of the same things... have a new job with a LONG commute and so i get a cornerstone sermon in every morning... gonna run out soon but enjoying new insights daily.

Colie said...

So, did you get your hair cut? I only see from the back but it looks cute!

Myles is adorable! Caleb and I loved the video. Caleb though his name was "smiles".

Kelly Wright said...

We miss you so much already! This morning Myles was looking around for you when he woke up. (:
Thanks for a treasure of a sister time. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

This absolutely made my day! I miss all of you so much! <3 give my love to kelly, ben, and myles

Rachey-Rach said...

I'll come and laugh at your jokes to help boost your self esteem! :) Don't worry, you still are funny. Great pictures of Myles. Congrats to Kelly & Ben again. He is a cutie.