Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Scenes from my life today...

  • I washed a load of whites today and hung them up to dry on my clothesline and a bird pooped on my beautiful clean white sheet. REALLY?
  • I'm in farm country and want to find a place to buy real meat--like one of the happy cows and chickens I see all over when I drive within a 10 minute radius of our house. This is proving more challenging than I thought. Therefore, I was at the local grocery store checking to see if there was any grass fed beef or close to organic chicken. Will was following me pushing one of those little kid sized carts. I turned my back from him for a minute and what did I see when I turned back to check on him? A kid sized cart full of Oscar Myer deli meat. Yep.

  • I'm at the library with Will and some sweet, but unfortunate kid REALLY wanted to play with Will and I. He was a robot... and wanted us to be robots too. Honestly, I was at the library cause they have puzzles, puppets, AND books--which means things that can entertain Will for me. I was not in the mood to play with a random kid. I know, I am mean. But where was this kid's mom? I lied and told him Will and I couldn't play because we were going for a walk after we got our books. Then he asked if he could come. I know I'm supposed to be nice but, again I ask, where was this kid's mom?  
  • Will and I checked out Dairy Queen's Happy Hour today--I was disappointed to discover there is no discount on blizzards, but was pretty pleased with a half priced milkshake. I mean, it was only $1.35! Two straws and a bench in the sun was the perfect combo for us. We drank that thing like 2 people who had just discovered an oasis in the desert. 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your little updates, it takes away some of my fear of blogging... it's been a LONG time since I've written anything!

Joni said...

So glad i got to hear about the bird pooping incident first hand on the phone last night :). Also, Will and that mini shopping cart full of meat is just hilarious! What a little man :). Miss you guys!

Colie said...

hahahaha ... that has never happened to me! (bird pooping). That's great! AND, wait a bit and my parents will have chickens. AND ... beef, I can point you in the right direction here in Corvallis. But, not monomouth.

love you! i love the pics. and you are not mean :-).

Hannah J. the BQ said...

I would have rather seen a picture of you and Will NOT acting like robots, but the deli meat cart pic is pretty cute.

Keep writing!

Also, can we get a belly pic up here??

H

Bao said...

You are mean.

Please join Facebook so we can keep in touch better. Because I am lazy.