Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'd rather have dahlias



Today Will and I went ladybug hunting. He found 2 on this rose bush. It was very exciting. 

Almost as exciting as the fashion statement Will made with his shoe choice. 

There are roses everywhere here--it seems every house has a bush or two. The roses are beautiful, but underneath the ground I have something else brewing. 

Dahlias. 

Yes, I can't wait. I've always wanted to plant them and this year I received the best present from Anacortes--a package of tubers from the famous dahlia ladies, Cindy and Julie. They grow a huge garden of these beauties and sell them at the most inspiring stand at the side of the road. 

I want to be them when I grow up. 

But for now, I'm just waiting for my dahlia babies to poke through the ground's surface so I can begin to watch them grow. 

Till then, we'll hunt ladybugs on roses, I guess. 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

This put a huge smile on my face - what a beautiful aspiration! you will be an wonderful Dahlia Lady!

Sara (Smith) Nickel said...

Could we buy some tubers from you then? We used to buy tubers from our neighbor named "Babe," but we could switch. :) We love Dahlia's too.