
I just saw the film "Miss Potter" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must admit that it is one of those films that people either love or hate... if you own Pride and Prejudice or you've watched Little Women or Emma several times, than you will likely love it. If you hate sad movies... beware and if you are looking for action, please go to Transformers instead.
But, if you would like a film that will awaken your desire to do what you love, to fall in love, to appreciate the outdoors and to be OK with being yourself... then definitely rent this movie.
I thought Renee Zellweger was fantastic. I wanted to jump back in time and become Beatrix's friend, partly I think because Renee did such a honest job portraying her. After watching the movie, I immediately had to pull my own copies of her books off my shelf and marvel at them again. It is amazing how a book or a piece of music or art comes alive when you know a little more about the person behind the creativity.
I think if I ever tour Europe, I will have to make a stop at her Hilltop Farm.
For more information on Beatrix Potter's life and legacy check out: www.peterrabbit.com
2 comments:
okay. So bryan and I were at the Orcas Island Woodsong Music Fest over the last four nights. The next band up was called "The Lonely Forest," the name sounded vageuely familiar...and i really enjoyed the set. I kept looking at the lead singer, trying to place where I knew him from, why I recognized his face. I browsed the CD tent and realized his name: Jon Van Deusen. OH MY GOODNESS. I tracked him down and we chatted and I finally made the connection! It made me miss you to see so many of your features in his face! we need to talk, okay?
That is great! I love it... made even more memorable that you ejoyed his set. I do love hearing them play and it has been too long. Lance and I are actually in Florida right now with my whole family but him... which is sad, but we're having a great time. I would love to talk. I've got your phone number somewhere!! I'll work on it.
Post a Comment