Thursday, December 13, 2007

Boost Your Vocab


When I was in high school, my mom encouraged me to do the vocabulary page in the Readers Digest. Usually I ignored her, but now I wish I hadn't. Sometimes when I'm reading out loud to Lance, I have to stop and sound out words. Once I guess, I ask him if I got it right or not. I used to be surprised that all the words I stumbled over, Lance knew... but I'm not surprised anymore.

My friend, Sommer, forwarded the website www.freerice.com to me. Check it out; you can improve your vocab and for every correct answer, the site donates 20 grains of rice to the UN Food Program. The power of online advertising.

I think this might be a great way to make time pass. Try it out for yourself...
www.freerice.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love it, i just played tonight for the first time, and my best score was a 38 what is yours :) I love sending rice even though it is counted grain by grain

Krista said...

my best score is 40 so far... but I'm totally guessing! I think if I actually used a word from the game in a sentence during the day I am a real winner. Wach out for when we hang out next... I might pull out the big guns.

talk to you soon, Laura.

Kelly Wright said...

see you today!!!!