It began with a search for our Christmas tree. Loaded with coffee, 2 satsumas, a banana, a couple slices of pumpkin bread, one saw Lance found in the garage and directions to "Trinity Tree Farm" scrawled on a scratch piece of paper. The day was crisp and we were ready. We headed out on I-90 and weaved our way through Issaquah on our Christmastime adventure. Upon arrival at the tree farm, we were dismayed to realize that in this beautiful "Evergreen" state we'd have to fork up a crazy $70-$80 dollars for a pretty tree. We are firm believers that Nobles are the prettiest trees around... and I really couldn't imagine a Grand Fir in my living room. So we knew we'd be paying up. Sure enough to pay less than $60, we'd have to sacrifice... either a chunk is missing, the tree is a little bottom heavy if you know what I mean, or it is already brown and losing needles. Lance and I waffled, the trees were tagged with the price on them... so we kept walking up to trees, hoping it would be a $55 dollar one to discover it was $70 or $80. Being the cheap people we are, we couldn't bear to spend that much on a Christmas tree, so we settled to find the least pathetic $55 dollar tree. And we found ours, which Lance sawed down and I carried over my head back to the little hut to pay. Lance tired from sawing, his weapon swinging in hand, I triumphant with our $55 dollar tree over my head. We made a scene; apparently the men are supposed to carry out the tree... or you do it together, but not the woman. A group of people (looked like extended family) passed us and the 3 men in the group pointed to us and said, "now that is what I'm talking about... the man's got his girl carrying the tree." I didn't know if I should be proud or embarrassed, but when I saw Lance's smile, I knew he was happy and I should be proud. I was getting tired and almost ready to hand off the tree, but after their comments I determined I would make it to the pay station.


After we made it home with our tree, we had a yummy brunch with our housemates. While eating and talking we realized it was snowing outside! Beautiful big flakes coming down from the sky. It was a perfect first of December. The ladies of the house (Kate, Merrel and I) strapped on aprons and whipped up some Christmas cookies throughout the afternoon. Delicious!

I left a bit early from the cookie madness upstairs to come down and decorate our tree before heading out the door to Lance's Radiology Christmas Party. It was fun to meet some of Lance's coworkers for the first time and to have a fantastic meal. I love eating when I don't cook or clean up. We came home to our dark house, plugged in our Christmas lights and marveled at the snow on the ground. What an amazing way to start off December.
2 comments:
kvd hoffman.
i made christmas cookies this weekend.
then i ate them all. i pretended that raquel ate some, but she was sick and so she didn't eat any.
they were yummy.
i felt sick.
hannah b.
hooray for snow, christmas cookies and expensive noble firs! we did the same thing this weekend but minus the snow of course. I will try and get ben to send the time lapse video of us decorating. It is kind of funny.
the soup was great! everyone loved it. thanks for the idea.
love you.
Post a Comment