Friday, December 21, 2007

a night away






Last weekend Lance and I drove out to Baring to a cabin on the Skykomish River. We wanted to get away to talk without distraction and to relax and reflect on this past year. We booked the cabin off of an internet search--so we weren't sure what we'd find, but it turned out to be a great choice.

After getting settled in, we sat down by the fire and talked for 3 hours straight about the events of this past year. That conversation alone was worth the drive and money we'd put towards the night.

It is hard to believe that we ere there less than a week ago. The time since then has been a blur of holiday shopping, finishing gifts, looking at houses, and Christmas get-togethers. I'm exhausted and wondering how did I get this way in just one week.

We had a great time last night with our housemates--just sitting and talking about what we want this time of year to be. How do we live amidst the chaos of Christmastime as people centered on Christ? How do we make choices that protect our own space and alone time when it seems there are so many expectations on us?

We didn't have any great answers, but sometimes asking the questions is the answer.

I am thankful Lance and I stole away for the night and I want to make little choices to "steal away" this week so my heart is calm and at peace.

No comments: