Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Family Vacation Season

Last week we were in Hood River, Oregon with Lance's family for their annual family vacation.

It was a good time and it definitely achieved successful family vacation status. 

Key elements necessary for a vacation to achieve this title are:
  • Lots of good food and coffee enjoyed
  • At least one time when you all sit around and laugh till someone nearly pees themselves
  • Lots of opportunities to watch the ankle biters playing together, becoming better friends and sometimes momentary enemies
  • A chance to explore cute shops with my sister-in-laws
  • Some really good ice cream from a hole-in-the-wall shop (yummy mint Oreo from Mike's)
  • No potty training accidents! 
  • And one really terrible awkward family picture attempt (see below). I must clarify that I was the instigator of the family picture attempt. I should have known better than to think it could be pulled together last minute. At least the picture can double as proof that I am pregnant, for those of you who didn't know or wanted to see proof that my belly is actually getting bigger (due date is August 19th, so I'm kind of getting close now).




No comments: