It might be cause the movie is too odd, a little too crass, maybe even kind of slow... but you know that the right person would find it just has hilarious or moving as you did.
When this happens to me, I get really disappointed. Cause when I enjoy a movie or book or restaurant or whatever---I really want to tell other people about it.
I feel compelled to share about my new discovery, heaven forbid someone else miss out.
So I've got a couple movies in mind. That I am not sure who to recommend to.
And I've decided they still need their few minutes of fame.
On my blog... of course. Written up where all of America will hear of them.
So here are my latest. I promise nothing if you choose to watch them. Chances are you will probably find them too odd, too crass, or maybe slow.
But boy, I got a kick out of them. And if you're the right person you will too.
Ping Pong Playa
Trailer is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn1iMm2xeas
What I think you need to enjoy this movie:
A night where you just want to laugh and don't want to think about anything deep. You must have a few Asian American friends in your life, or at least friends from different races than yourself or the good laughs will go over your head. Also, get some delicious ice cream or popcorn with a lot of butter. That should set you up good and fine. When we watched this, Lance actually exclaimed, "This is the best low budget movie ever!"

Bernie
Read about it here (reading about this one is way better than the trailer): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_(2011_film)
What I think you need to enjoy this movie:
You must have either lived in the Southern United States for a time or have family members that you've visited extensively there. You must get some cheap wine or nice port and drink it up... slowly, though, cause if you get sleepy when you drink, you might not make it to the end of the movie. I promise, though, you'll get some good laughs from the first half. When I watched this with my mom we kept wondering if some of the people were actors or just people they picked up off the street and paid five bucks to interview.

No comments:
Post a Comment