Saturday, September 22, 2012




"I think 2 boys makes a family."

That is what Lance said to me. 

Yes, he uttered it within the first 4 weeks of Isaac's life, 
so I'm not sure that anything we said during that time can be taken too seriously. 

But I heard him. 

And who knows, maybe 2 boys does make our family.

Lots of people assume if you have 2 boys, you'll have to "try" for a girl in approximately a year and a half. But really, is that necessary? I mean, if I have a daughter, I'm probably gonna make her wear all the boys' hand-me-downs cause I'm too cheap to buy clothes and then she'll turn on me and develop into a super princessy kid who's really annoying.

So I'm thinking 2 boys might make a family. 

But then again that is being spoken within 5 weeks of Isaac being born, 
so it shouldn't be taken too seriously either. 





4 comments:

Sara Nickel said...

So Sweet, Krista!
Did Will ever have dark hair? 2 boys make a great family. Although, 3 boys would make an even greater family. :)J/K of course. I hope you are all doing really well.

Anonymous said...

Two boys makes our family perfect as well... no second thought at all to try for a girl. Although there will be arguing and wrestling and testosterone galore, I'm enjoying every minute of my 2, 6, and 36 year old boys! :)

Congratulations on your wonderful family!

Mandy

hannah said...

Brew-Ha-Ha!! We thought that just one girl made a family and here we are pregnant with a second.

This is what I say where parenting is involved: NEVER SAY NEVER.

But I"m pretty sure, for us at least, that two girls will make our family a family.

(And by the way, Maggie has turned the princess corner...I'm slightly horrified. She's all tutus and pink. We stare at her sometimes with our mouths hanging open...)

Krista said...

Sarah, Will's hair wasn't quite as dark, but I suspect the little guy's hair is gonna get lighter. Maybe I'll have a dirty blond on my hands. :)

And Hannah--I love that Maggie has entered the tutu stage. It makes me happy when it is other people's kids!

Miss you guys!