These pictures make me feel normal--and successful, because my boys look happy.
Cause honestly, I've been avoiding our backyard.
I got kind of busy (turns out having children does that to you),
so I haven't watered or weeded as I had wanted.
And our basil got kind of out of control (as you can see from the fourth picture) and I hate wasting garden fresh food. It really frustrates me.
Plus our sweet kittens think that our rocks in the back are their HUGE litter box--so it kind of smells like cat poop in our backyard now. Lance has been super about scooping poop in attempt to protect me from bitterness towards the cats that might arise, but I inherited my mother's smeller--I can smell things when no else can.
So often I can still smell it. I mean, poop in the dirt already, silly cats.
There is a garden right over there!
But who cares about all of this.
Bottom line, the boys are happy in the backyard and that makes me happy.
It is a win-win situation, cause as the cross-stitch in my mom's kitchen growing up said,
"if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."
I'm really thankful for our green space.
And for the fence.

2 comments:
Love Love Love this and YOU!
This all makes me so happy too! Hooray for your backyard... the garden... and your three handsome men.
Post a Comment