Yippee! Lance and I celebrated 4 years of marriage last week. I didn't expect to do anything out of the ordinary for our anniversary, since we just went to see RENT and we took a fly fishing lesson last week together (I might post pictures of it). In my mind, those were are little "his and her" gifts to each other to celebrate. Lance had something up his sleeve, though. I've mentioned to him before that if I didn't live in Seattle and was coming to visit, I'd like to stay at the Edgewater Hotel downtown. It is the only hotel that is truly on the Seattle waterfront and it is a beautiful place. I'd been in the lobby before and thought it was my kind of fancy hotel; it is decorated like a lodge with large overstuffed chairs and river rock fireplaces and rocking chairs.
I had Friday off and our plan was for me to ride the bus up to North Seattle to meet up for a dinner out on the town. Lance called me a couple hours before and said--throw in some pajamas and a bottle of wine, because we're not going home tonight. We hit up the Wild Mountain Cafe (our favorite/dependable place to eat for special occasions) for dinner. It was fabulous. Then he told me were going to the Edgewater to stay. I couldn't believe it!
It was so much fun being away from home just for a night. A night away from the cell phone and computer--dirty dishes and laundry is really beneficial to my soul. In the morning, we walked to Pike's Place to grab breakfast and took our time meandering around the market and being together. It was a great time. Thanks, Lance, for such a fantastic surprise.
This is the view from our room... yes, just to the left of us was this huge cruise ship docked. It was kind of shocking to look out over the balcony and see it there staring at us!
www.wildmtncafe.com
www.edgewaterhotel.com
3 comments:
Happy Happy Happy Happy, Happy Anniversary:-). I'm so glad you had such a grand time. I love you both and miss you.
What a great guy you've got. Those Hoffman Men - we did good:-)
Kris - that is great! I can't beleive he took you to the edgewater! (way to go lancelot!)And I can't believe I haven't talked to you since then.
love you so much.
Sounds wonderful!!! Happy Anniversary.
Post a Comment